Saturday, June 23, 2012

Go the F**k to sleep!

Now I know babies are supposed to be loveable and adorable, but as I hear it (yes I said 'it', I am at that point) wake audibly for the third time tonight, I start to think that perhaps the stories are wrong. Babies are no Nursery Rhyme. No, they are the Brothers Grimm version. On the surface they look like perhaps a nice story, but underneath they end up being an horrific....ehh I don;t know where I'm going with this. Point is Kids suck.

This one in particular has the soul of Satan inside of it, and I for the life of me, can't find an Excorcist, willing to work on a 1 year old apparently angelic looking child. I mean come on! No one believes that it's evil. Gives everyone a toothy smile and then looks at me, and let me tell you, if those sparse teeth don't slowly gain points and the eyes glow a dull (yet very evil) red, then I shall eat my hat (I don't wear hats).

Urgh. Ignore me. I'm just tired. I like to rant. I spend so much time thinking shutupshutupshutup to her.

Theeeeeeeeen I remember days like today. The day she learned not only to play 'Boo' (And reciprocate the gesture) but also to clap her hands as she realises how fricken proud she is of herself. and that we are awesome parents. and that the sky is blue. and clap at pretty much everything that moves. Ugh. Cute bitch. That's how she gets you.


I leave you with this video. If you know what's good or you, you will watch it. It is a song sung by Tim Minchin, and despite his Beetlejuice style head, he is a lyrical genius. listen to the song all the way to the end. Everything is Law. and funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESFANzZTdYM

3 comments:

  1. You sound like a seriously sleep-deprived parent. Don't worry though. When mini-aybee's a teenager she'll sleep until noon, wake up to eat, and go back to bed for another 3 hours. It all evens out in the end. :) Hugs, daddy. You're gonna make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant song, by the way. Reminds me of Tim Burton in a way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying :) Right now I am watching her crouch under the coffeetable, and although I know she is going to stand up and bump her head, I just can't quite bring myself to save her. Does that make me bad?

    I love the song. the last line, and the rocking/shaking baby line

    ReplyDelete